Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Typing like Kanye (and thanks!)

Our previous post on "Kanye Wagner" appears to have been a hit. Zoe said the only more impressive way to top the response to our blog so far would be if 'Ye himself were to grace this blog with his presence. Preferably by shouting at us in all caps:

Kanye: WHO IS THIS WAGNER PERSON I DO NOT KNOW HIM WHY ARE YOU COMPARING ME TO HIM I AM BETTER THAN THAT I AM A GOD. I AM NOT THE BLACK WAGNER I AM WAGNER HIMSELF COME BACK AS A MARTYR TO SOCIETY YOU CANNOT DESTROY US.

That would certainly be the crowning achievement for Schenkerian Gang Signs.




So thanks, everyone, for the positive response! And I would like to use this blog space to encourage you all to occasionally leave comments in the style of Kanye (all caps, little punctuation). For advice on how to do so, please turn to Zoe. She has a gift for capturing Ye's shouty voice. Her Kanye-style raps are the stuff of legend. What dreams are made of, really.

Exhibit A:
YOU MIGHT THINK THAT YOU KNOW WHO I AM,

BUT YOU CAN'T 'CAUSE I'M 'YE
AND I STAND OUT FROM ALL OTHERS
FROM THE PAST AND THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE
I PRETTY MUCH COME FROM THE FUTURE 
SO I AM AHEAD OF YOU.
YOU SEE THIS VERSE? IT DON'T EVEN RHYME,
WHO HAS THE TIME?
EXCEPT AT THE END THERE,
YOU SEE WHAT I DID?

1 comment: